About Me

My photo
Poteau, Oklahoma, United States
Hi... Welcome to my blog! Share my interest, my thoughts and my opinions! I have a wonderful husband Scott and 3 kids Dakota 16, Bethany 11 and my step-son Zachary 13. ***PLEASE leave comments, I LOVE THEM!!! And it helps to know my blog is'nt just a waste!! =)

Saturday, September 27, 2008

JDRF Walk 08'


Us at the end of the line, do ya see Joan & Gilbert??He's in overalls =)
Today was our second year to attend the walk in Tulsa. We all had a great time considering we were late...Yep, i said late, meaning we missed the t-shirt contest by 15minutes!! I am still a bit disappointed because i was so excited about our shirts this yr but that is'nt the importance of the walk. Our team however raised nearly $1000 this yr so for that i am proud! Dakota had a couple of his friends come along after a long night at my house. (i thought girls slumber parties were bad) They had me up until at least 3am so no telling what time they finally closed their eyes.....

But we were up at 7am and ready to go by 8. Needless to say someone is always late, it happens! We got there just in time to start walking and made the best of it. We saw the biggest Great danes i have ever seen, those things were huge, i could'nt imagine trying to keep them fed. After the mile and 1/4 walk we sat and had a nice picnic under the biggest tree we could find, and had fun watching the kids and visiting! It was a beautiful day!! *I have learned something...when my bunch is ready, we are leaving, the rest of the group can catch up!!!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh Misty - I just hate it - you worked so hard on the shirts. But you did awesome raising money - get to work for next year!

Amanda said...

Hey !! Next time call me I will get you up I never sleep !!! HaHa. We would have won. Great job on the money. Great Job MOM hope you had a ball.

Miss Joy and Sunshine said...

In my heart you are a winner ! Good work...and the T shirts WOULD HAVE WON !